From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 10:13:15 +0000
At 09:25 PM 3/14/97 -0500, mike patten (Michael Patten) wrote:
>Watching the game on Tv and seeing RPI's third goal, does someone have a
reason as to why it was not disallowed on two accounts??  First it was
obviously put in by a player laying in the crease with something other than
his stick (ie his hand). secondly the player was laying in the crease for
several shots from 5-10 ft out in the slot.

I only listened to the game on the radio (and the RPI school station
to boot) so I didn't even see the game. But it is my understanding
that the goal was reviewed by the replay officials. If they didn't disallow
the goal, they didn't find the disqualifying evidence as obvious as
you apparently did.

Not that the replays are always conclusive (the winning goal in
last year's CC-UVM game come to mind) but the ruling is that
the referee's call stands unless there is clear evidence that
it was wrong. For some reason, the replay officials didn't
find that clear evidence.