From:
Daniel Olsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel Olsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 08:41:16 -0500
Classification:
Prologue: IBM Global Services
Managed Operations - North
Client Services Representative
Building 504 / 2J5-21, Fishkill, New York
Phone: 914-892-5259 or 8/532-5259
IBM Mail:  DOLSEN @ IBMUS or IBMUSM00(DOLSEN)
Internet Mail:  [log in to unmask]
Epilogue:

I made the trip up to Lake Placid and again witnessed a Clarkson loss (at least
it was on Saturday and not Friday).  Congratulations are in order for Cornell,
as their defense effectively shut down Clarkson for the first two periods and
only allowed a few scoring chances in the third.  Elliott was named the MVP,
but I'm not really sure that he had a ton to do with the win on Saturday (I
left the late game Friday early as a I had a long ride to where I was staying
so any comments on Friday's Cornell/RPI would be first period only).

Here are some of my Bests and Worsts for the Weekend:

BEST TEAM - pretty obvious:
1. Cornell
2. Clarkson
3. RPI
4. Princeton

WORST REFEREE - this is really scary, Ammian did the best game of all:
1. Mike Noeth (Friday)
2. Mike Noeth (Saturday)
3. Murphy
4. Harry Ammian

BEST FANS:
1. Clarkson : - )
2. Cornell
3. Vermont - thanks for showing up, even though your team didn't
4. Princeton
5. RPI - pretty weak, can't even come back for your team's last game of the
season

BEST BAND:
1. Cornell
2. Clarkson
3. Princeton - nothing is better that RPI's effort
4. RPI - next year rent Brown's band

BEST PROMOTION:
1. Put the goalie in the game
2. Put the puck in that little tiny hole under the plywood
3. Find that stupid block of cheese and milk carton
4. Milk T-Shirt Torpedos

WORST PERFORMANCE BY A MASCOT:
1. Cornell (male bear), oops I lost my head
2. Friday's skating cow - learn how to launch a T-Shirt Torpedo

BEST PERFORMANCE BY A MASCOT:
1. The RPI Chicken - for not showing up
2. The Clarkson Skating Knight - for not showing up