From:
Howard Quimby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Howard Quimby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 1997 09:31:04 -0500
> HONORABLE MENTION: Greg Taylor (G, Boston College); Matt Wright (F,
> Boston University); Neil Donovan (F, Mass Lowell).

What surprises about this week's HE POTW Honorable Mentions is that UMA's
Brian Regan is not included.  Even though Amherst was swept by the Wildcats in
the HE quarterfinals, I thought Regan was the story of the night on Friday and
he came back with an almost equally impressive showing on Saturday.

On Friday night he faced 60 shots, stopping all but 5.  And when I was talking
with people after the game I couldn't believe they had actually missed Regan's
performance!  Saturday's headline in the Foster's read "Wildcats solve Regan".
I don't think 5 goals on 60 shots can be considered "solved".  UNH averages
over 5 goals per game on a usual night -- Regan faced two games worth of shots
on Friday alone and still held the Wildcats below average.

Regan was outstanding in net and I at least want to recognize a great effort
here on the list.

  \_  \_  \_     Howard M. Quimby                [log in to unmask]
  \_\_\_  \_     Natural Intelligence, Inc.      Tel (617) 876-7680 x1208
  \_ \__  \_     Cambridge, MA                   Fax (617) 492-7425