From:
Robert Svec <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 1997 21:04:53 -0500
Friday was a great day to watch hockey on TV...  BU vs Northeastern,
Michigan State vs Western Michigan and Minn vs Alaska  Ank.  I was surprised
at the sparse crowd at Walter Brown Arena for the BU game.  Roughly half of
the 3684 seats were empty.  The announcer blamed it on the 1 vs 8 format.
When I checked the CCHA and the WCHA 1 vs 8 matchups, there was a
cpompletely different picture.  In Minneapolis, over 9800 fans jammed
Mariucci Arena and at Michigan 6319 fans paccked the Arena for the 1 vs 8
matchup.

Why does there seem to be a lack of interest in the HE quarter finals at BU?
 Are BU fans demoralized by the late seson spankings by Maine?  Is there a
lack of interest in this HE playoff?  Will the Fleet Center have a lot of
empty seats because Maine will not be in Boston?

Bob Svec