From:
glenn auerbach <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
glenn auerbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 1997 12:32:57 EST
     The difference of opinion here lies in NHL vs NCAA rules.  The
     first paragraph describes NHL rules.  Team on power play scores
     while another delayed penalty is being called -->> delayed
     penalty is eliminated and the man already in the box comes out.
     The second paragraph describes NCAA rules.  Team on power play
     scores while another delayed penalty is being called -->> delayed
     penalty is put on the board and served in its entirety and the
     man already in the box comes out.

     I still don't understand how it all works together when a penalty
     shot also figures in, but I can at least clear up the one source
     of confusion.  I only know this because of a friendly argument a
     few years back that caused us to do some research.

     Glenn Auerbach
     Ann Arbor, MI
     email: [log in to unmask]