From:
"Sara M. Fagan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 1997 12:21:52 -0400
I was at the Harvard -SLU game and I wouldn't have said that both teams looked
fatigued.  The crowd was non-existent and that made for low-energy feel for the
game.  I thought SLU totally controlled the first period and did not appear
tired.  They did seem to have some good opportunities but just couldn't seem to
get it to go in.  The second period had a different feel to it and it did go
Harvard's way.  I was next to the SLU bench and I can say that they did not
appear to be tired and they were certainly making an effort.  SLU played 4
games in 5 nights (6 in 9) over Christmas break and some of those had
overtimes.  I don't think that lack of conditioning figured in here.

I was very disappointed in the turn out.  SLU had a pretty good cheering
section considering the weeknight and distance prevented students from
attending.  SLU fans have always been more reserved than most but we showed our
support.  I was surprised by the lack of Harvard fans.  I have never seen the
Bright Center so empty.

I hope the ECAC tourney is exciting and that ECAC teams are well represented in
the NCAAs.  I will cheering them on and looking forward to a better year next
year for the Skating Saints.

Sara
SLU '77
Let's go SAINTS!!!