From:
Maria Maddaloni <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 15:06:39 -0500
In a message dated 97-02-21 14:08:50 EST, Paul Gentile wrote:

BU-Maine
If I wasn't such an avid Lowell fan, this is where I'd preferably be given
the opportunity to watch a game. This rivalry is certainly strong enough that
these two games will be played with a fierce intensity. Jack Parker's
comments to Dave about how this means nothing to Maine has to be a tactic or
something.
Parker looks to be trying to show his players that Maine will be ripe for the
taking. However, this is Maine's whole season. They have BU on home ice in
front of sellout crowds and this ends their season all but for a meaningless
game against Amherst next weekend. BU is going to have to pull out all the
stops.

>>  It may take more than BU "pulling out all the stops" to get some points
in the standings.  Aside from their lackluster showing last Saturday night
against Lowell, they'll likely be without Tommi Degerman this weekend due to
a knee injury he suffered last week.

>>   Even worse, there's a tiny article in the depths of the Boston Herald
that reports that Brendan Walsh (the infamous #19) has been kicked off the
team by Jack Parker for "violation of team rules".   As I recall, Walsh was
previously suspended by Parker for a game in December for violating "team
social rules", whatever that means.