From:
"Chad F. Doughty" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 1997 07:24:53 -0500
Despite my allegiance to the Maroon & Gold I must agree with
Mike Corbett's comments regarding the officiating during
the Minnesota-Denver game on Saturday Jan. 11th. There
may have been a few questionable non-calls that aided the
Pioneers but the ref's had little if any impact on the outcome.
Denver outhit, outhustled, and outplayed the Gopher's for all
but about ten minutes of the contest and definitely deserved
the two points. Instead of looking to the officials Gopher fans
should be concerned with the team's lackluster performance
in a game that could have given them the lead in the WCHA
title race.

C Doughty