From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 May 1996 16:33:34 -0400
At 8:01 AM  -0400 5/18/96, Charles O'Brien wrote:
>        My understanding of the rule is that two sport competition
>is O.K. if the sports are both D-I.  Remember Charlie Ward in football
>and basketball at FSU?  It's mixing and matching divisions which is
>not permitted.  Clarkson, for example, is D-I in hockey, but D-III in
>all other sports.  We regularly have hockey players who excel at
>another sport but can't play.

Merrimack is DivI in hockey and DivII in everything else.  It is not
unusual for hockey players to play another sport while at Merrimack.  Casey
Kesselring (1995 HE All-Rookie) is also on the lacrosse team.  Mark
Cornforth, 1995 grad, captained both the hockey and tennis teams and I
believe was MVP of both.

There is no truth to the rumor that Twin Towers John Jakopin and Steve
McKenna are thinking of trying out for the basketball team, although
McKenna is taller than the tallest Merrimack basketball player...

Mike Machnik                   [log in to unmask]            *HMM* 11/13/93