From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 1996 20:41:40 -0100
At 10:28 AM 4/18/96, Tony Buffa wrote:
>Still 24  + 8 makes 32, same league games as before (more for the CCHA
>members?) ... sure wish someone would look into a proposal that would
>decrease league games and give us a chance to see some good interleague
>comparisons.
>
>Just wishing,
>Tony Buffa
>RPI '64  --- at least we play 10 non-league games!

However, the alignment as described would mean that each team would have 32
league games against a total of 21 opponents, plus any NC games.

For comparison, in 1995-96, RPI played 11 ECAC opponents (22 games) plus 8
NC opponents (10 games) for a total of 32 games against 19 opponents.

The "WCCHA" alignment would seem to go a long ways towards answering the
suggestions many people have made.  I thought the point made by those
people was that playing more opponents would be good for the various
ratings and NCAA selection.  "WCCHA" teams would play more different
opponents than probably any of the teams in the two Eastern conferences.

Mike Machnik                   [log in to unmask]            *HMM* 11/13/93