From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 1996 07:39:20 -0700
On Fri, 16 Feb 1996, Ron Correia wrote:

> Actually, what's important is what reads on the scoreboard when the game
> ends.  Nothing else matters.

I have to disagree with this.  Although obviously I have more than a
passing interest in whether certain teams win or lose I enjoy watching
hockey because of the skills the players display, both individually and
collectively.  If a contest in which the score was kept was the only
criterion it would make no difference what sport one watched.  I have not
seen a college football game since sometime in the 60's for a variety
of reasons, but a major one is that the techniques and skills displayed
in that sport do not engage my interest even though they care equally
about whether they win or lose.

Arthur Berman [log in to unmask]
GO BU!!! NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!
NAYIM FROM THE HALFWAY LINE!!!