From:
Andrew Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 1996 18:52:17 -0500
>   I found the field house to be especially quiet on Friday night when I
> attended the RPI-SLU game.  I usually make it to at least one game at RPI and
> expect the crowd to be really into the game.  Not this year.  I saw people
> leaving during the overtime.  True, they did cheer when RPI scored and
> complained about some of the ref's calls but on the whole I thought it seemed
> extremely quiet.  I even remarked to a person behind me that the place seemed
> like a morgue.

It's funny because in the several years I've been at RPI to see
a game before this year, there was almost always a loud, into-the-game
crowd at every game.

I've been to 6 games at the field house this year (RPI tourney, Union,
& Clarkson) and I have seen no evidence that people are out to watch
their team play hockey as they were in the past. Maybe they realize
that RPI is not as good as they used to be??? Regardless, I'd think
they'd be out to see their archrivals (Union & Clarkson).

It has been surprising, nonetheless.

Andy