From:
Jimmy Page is GOD <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jimmy Page is GOD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 1996 01:19:34 -0500

        Way to go, Clarkson !!!! Are the ECAC refs. cheap or did you
have to hand out a wad of cash ????

        I haven't seen such a poorly officiated game in my entire life,
as the game at the RPI field house.

        The entire Clarkson strategy for the game consisted of clutch,
grap, hold, hook, interfere, etc. etc. (including quite a few dangerous
boarding and checking from behind plays, only one of which was called)

        Clarkson also took many opportunities to assault Mike Tamburro.
From the obvious, like sitting on Tamburro while one of the other Golden
Goofs scores a goal (which I'm pretty sure shouldn't be a goal, but when
the refs. are in your back pocket it helps alot), to the less obvious
poking of the goaltender after the whistle and skating behind the goal
and tripping him up (which should be penalties too, but who cares about
the rules anyway ?!?!?!?).

        This type of officiating is what makes college hockey the
laughing stock of Div. 1 sports.

        You know that the officiating is bad when the crowd at the Field
House actually wakes up and notices it. The fans are usually too busy
reading books or picking their noses to even make an attempt to cheer
for the home team or pay attention to what was going on.

        Until college hockey wakes up to the officiating problems, don't
expect any attention from the major networks or anyone else with half a
brain.

        The NHL fixed their officiating (sort-of),

                Why can't the NCAA ?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!