Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 1996 00:33:00 -0600
> If people are truly concerned about the severity of penalties in college
> hockey, then more weight should be put on the individual penalties, not the
> team penalties.

Of course, the team penalties also serve to limit coach-ordered
infractions.  I can think of two examples from the NHL:

   1) About fifteen years ago, Brad Park was suspended for admitting
      that he sent his team out to join a brawl.  His response was that
      he'd never been in a bench-clearing brawl WITHOUT the coach having
      ordered the team out. (designating the first player to go in the
      process)

   2) A couple years later, the L.A. Kings released Paul Mulvey after he
      refused to leave the bench in this manner.  He never played another
      game in the NHL.  (This also happened to someone else; possibly
      Steve Jensen)

|   Michael Patrick Bresina   |     America's always had a problem     |
|  [log in to unmask]  |  with illegal aliens.  Ask any Indian. |
|      The Rendezvous Online Service      |           telnet           |
|          Interactive TradeWars!         |       205.243.194.68       |
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see."   --  Trent Reznor