From:
Joe Carr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 1995 17:40:58 -0500
    RE>Barry Clukey Update
From Deron Treadwell:

>It is being reported today on local sports radio (WZON
>AM 620) that Barry has applied for admission to Colby
>College, in Waterville, Maine.  Colby is a Division III
>program I believe.  I know that they beat Princeton last
>year not long after the Tigers had beaten Maine in the
>Dexter Classic final.

There's another connection that may be of interest.  Colby
is coached by former UMaine goalie Jim Tortarella (the only
Black Bear goalie to ever score a goal in a game).  Tortarella
was an assistant coach at UNH two years ago.  Before that,
he coached at Augusta, Maine's Cony High School.  When he
was at Cony, Clukey's Waterville Panthers were a frequent
opponent.

Tortarella became head coach at Colby this past summer when
a vacancy was created by Scott Borek's departure to join the
Lake Superior staff.