From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 1995 21:22:30 -0400
At 08:12 PM 10/24/95 -0500, Terry Kasdan wrote:

>I think many people were surprised by the 9-2 score.  Had the Illini
>goalies played a little better (as it was they allowed 9 goals on 40
>shots) it could easily have been a 5-2 or 4-2 game.

Had Illinois-Chicago played all their players, it would have been the 15
goals that Tony expected.  Let's not forget that most of the players who
played in that game for Chicago were inexperienced.  They had what, four
experienced players in the line-up??

Why is it that we have to try and equate ACHA and NCAA Division I hockey?
I'm not going to argue that ACHA is a terrific place to see some great
hockey, and also competitive against NCAA Division II and III teams, but
even had the Illini been within 2 or 3 goals of Chicago I still wouldn't be
singing their praise.  No offense to those Illinois-Chicago fans, but they
aren't a top Division I team, so to say that ACHA is competive competition
wise with the DI is ludicious.

Take the best club teams, and have them host BU, Michigan, Minnesota and
Maine and if they don't lose by an average of 10+ goals I'd be surprised.
I'm just a tad tired of people trying to compare club hockey with Division
I, while they may hold the same entertainment value there is no comparison
competition wise.
---
Deron [log in to unmask]

--> University of Maine Hockey (2-0-0)
--> http://maine.maine.edu/~dtread41/mehockey.html
--> Owner/GM/Coach:  Maine Mariners (EHH Fantasy)
--> http://maine.maine.edu/~dtread41/ehh.html