From:
Doug Garn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 1995 13:34:45 -0500
I've studied the file in the archives (parts of which I quote) but I
still can't determine *when* the initial balloting is done.  Does
anyone know?  And, if this has already been done for the 95/96 season
does anyone have the offical list of candidates?

IV. HOBEY BAKER BALLOTING: HOW IT WORKS
(From the 1994 Hobey Baker Memorial Award portfolio.)

Every head hockey coach at an accredited NCAA or NAIA school receives
one ballot.  Coaches are asked to pick the top three players in their
league and the top three players in the nation (two separate rankings,
three players each; a player may be listed in both places, and a coach
can vote for his own player).

Why the 2 seperate rankings?  What is a NAIA school?

Approximately 125 schools are eligible.  The ballots are tabulated by
an accounting firm, and the top ten candidates are named.

Is this from the list of top 3 players in the country (hopefully the
answer to the above will answer this also)?

This top ten advances to the Selection Committee, who decide the
eventual winner from the top ten.

At the end of the season???

Thanks for any info.