From:
Donovan D Verrill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Donovan D Verrill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 09:56:59 -0500
        I am a misplaced Maine fan (85-90), and saw many games at
Alfond....of course they did wait until I lived in the midwest to win it
all :-).  To the point... Since I've been here at UND I haven't missed
too many hockey games, and last year I didn't miss any.  The weekend
talked about earlier (UND vs. Gophers) started a disturbing trend with
many of the fans of UND.  As a matter of fact, I don't remember more than
one or two games where bottles, cups, etc. were NOT thrown at the
opposing players.  Like the previous poster (Unibomber), I lost respect
for the fans of UND hockey.  It seems that many have subscribed to the
theory that "if you can't win, humiliate."  Unfortunately the only ones
that end up being humiliated are fans....and not just the ones throwing
stuff at the opposing players.
        The incidents of bottle throwing at UND always came from the
student section, never from the section where the general public
sits.  Is it surprising that many people (including myself...still a
student) consider college students to be immature and irresponsible?
I never saw incidents like this at Maine (except by Jack Parker :-)), and
hope that this year will not be a repeat of last year.

Go Blue!!....for Maine

Sioux yeah yeah!!.....for UND

Donovan Verrill

Donovan Verrill                                  [log in to unmask]

               *  A bus station is where a bus stops     *
               *  A train station is where a train stops *
               *  At my desk I have a work station       *