From:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 1995 17:59:09 -0600
I can't believe I'm contributing to this thread, but-
At 8:18 AM 9/26/95, Mich Tech Hockey wrote:
>Michigan Tech has one of the most "alive and well" pep bands in the league.
>In fact, the band has been outlawed at Lakeview Arena in Marquette, Mich.,
>due to the effect it has on the game.

Are you certain that's the reason?  A few years ago (must be 7 or so) the WCHA
decided that, as a cost-cutting measure, no bands or cheerleaders are allowed
at WCHA away games.  (Thus, when St. Cloud moved their home game against
the Gophers to Target Center, Minnesota was not allowed to bring band or
cheerleaders the 2-3 miles to the Target Center.)

Obligatory sorta-hockey content:  Carol has graciously consented to contact
the Minnesota Daily about getting permission to repost their Gopher Hockey
articles.  In the meantime, any other displaced Gopher fans out there with
WWW browsers might want to check these out (Sorry, the Dailly's Gopher
archives are currently under construction.):

http://www.daily.umn.edu/~online/daily/09261995/sports/puck26/
"Bigger and faster Gophers hockey team opens practice"
   and
http://www.daily.umn.edu/~online/daily/09251995/sports/puck25/
"Nevers' bat is down, and his stick is up"
(And before I get any smart comments via email:  yes, I, too, hope his
stick isn't up TOO high!)

Pam Sweeney
Go Gophers!
Nastier, Bigger, Faster in '95-'96!