From:
Jim Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 1995 16:01:59 -0500
At 01:49 PM 6/27/95 -0400, Sean Pickett wrote:
>> BTW, the actual, REAL University of Alaska is in Fairbanks. UAA is to UAF
>> as Minn-Duluth is to Minn. Unless, of course, Arthur Berman is right and
>> the real UA is in Alberta.
>
>See, both schools in Alaska add where they are, even though one is
>the main campus.  By the way, I apologize for totally forgetting that
>both Alaskian schools play Divison I hockey, although in different
>leagues.  :-(

It seems to me that there was a third Alaska school that played Division I
back in the '80s and I can't, for the life of me think of what campus that
was. Am I hallucinating? I seem to remember that the three Alaska schools
joined with the United States International University (USIU) to form a
brief league of some kind. I might be thinking of the University of Northern
Arizona, which had a Division I team until the rink broke and they didn't
want to fix it (or something like that). This piece of trivia has been
nagging me for months. Can someone help me out of my misery?

Is USIU still playing Division I hockey, or hockey at all? Brad Buetow
coached there before he went to Colorado College.

<<<frostrated in Shoreview>>>

Jim

---------
     Jim Smith            / |  612.786.4081 Phone        |\      .
  '.___________________     |  [log in to unmask]         .   O'
                 |  |   | Bass Trombones _Slide_ Rule! /|