From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 1995 23:45:32 -0400
Garrett Lanzy writes:
>That brings up a question in my mind (which has probably been answered
>at least once during my 4 years on the list):  Since games on this tour
>are exhibitions (and don't count towards Maine's NC$$ record), can
>"red shirted" players participate without affecting their eligibility?

I cannot find a rule that exempts players in this case.  I believe
that such contests do affect eligibility for players who might
otherwise have not been charged with the loss of a season of eligibility.
This means that normal procedures would need to be followed involving
the application of a hardship waiver, including the rule which can
allow a player to be granted an add'l season if he/she competes in
less than 10% of the school's games.

I just noticed that 14.2.6(c) says that all competition against outside
opponents is countable both in determining the number of events in
which the SA participated and the number of events the team
participated in.