From:
"G. M. Finniss" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 11 May 1995 17:26:49 -0400
John wrote:
>*To my knowledge*, the CCHA schedule looks like
>this in 1995-96:
>11 full member institutions
>  30 game conference schedule (3 games vs each team)
>  5 teams play 3 games at Alaska Fairbanks (one trip)

If the schedule posted before is correct, the five are Notre Dame (at UAF Nov.
19-21), Bowling Green (Nov. 23-25), Illinois-Chicago (Dec. 14-16), Michigan
State (Jan. 4-6) and Western Michigan (Feb. 22-24).

>  5 teams host UAF for 3 games (likely 2 trips)

Once again, if the tentative UAF schedule posted is correct, they're going to
manage to do this in five trips:

I. Oct 27 at Lake Superior, Oct. 28 at Ferris
II. Nov. 17-18 at Michigan
III. Dec. 8 at Ohio State, Dec. 9 at Miami
IV. Jan. 10-11 at Ferris, Jan. 13 at Michigan, Jan. 19-20 at Lake Superior
V. Feb. 2-3 at Miami
VI. Feb. 16-17 at Ohio State

(OK, six.  I can't count these days.)

>  15/15 home/away schedule
>  8 teams qualify for postseason
>  best 2-of-3 quarterfinal series at campus sites
>  single elimination semifinal and final at Joe Louis Arena

The only question I have here is: If UAF finishes in the top 4, will they host
a quarterfinal series?

>The other new twist is that teams hosting UAF will play
>2-of-3 games on the road in 6 of their other 9 series...
>hence creating a 15/15 H/A schedule.

This is correct.  For example, MSU will play 2 at home against Miami and Lake
Superior, two teams they hosted twice last year.  However, it also makes UM
the home team in the matchup at JLA (the Wolverines were the home team last
year, correct?).  This ends up giving MSU a quite favorable schedule this year,
since the only 2 road arenas (besides UAF) that they visit twice are UIC and
OSU (boy, is the 1996-97 schedule gonna suck!).

>Again, this is all *to my knowledge*, but I'm fairly
>sure it's correct.

It seems senility hasn't hit you yet.  Give it a few years.

;-)

G. M. Finniss
Michigan State University
Still 5 months and 1 day until the start of the 1995-96 season