From:
Ronald Correia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 1995 10:59:25 -0500
Bob,
   I disagree entirely with the idea that we should just be grateful to ESPN
for showing any hockey and not antagonize them.  The worst that will happen
is they decide not to show any more college hockey.  That's fine.  Their
antics in this tournement (from changing start times twice to showing tennis
to showing golf) leave me with no desire to EVER watch hockey on ESPN.
   How much good do you think this weekend's coverage did college hockey?
 Anyone who was watching for the first time would have been disgusted by the
switch to golf.  They wouldn't have stuck around to watch a tape delay of the
winning goal.  ESPN did us far more harm then good.  They were wrong in their
handling of it and should be notified of our displeasure.  Not passified.
   A word to the NC$$.  It appears FOX has taken an interest in hockey.
 Perhaps they would be interested in televising this event in the future.  I
certainly don't want to see it on ESPN again.

-- Ron