From:
"Cheryl A. Morris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cheryl A. Morris
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 1995 11:35:03 EST
Since I am one of the "Albany People" I won't get into a useless point for poioint
refutation of Adam Wodon's post, but please, your distances are a little off.
Lake Placid is a three hour trip from Albany, with me driving 70 on the Northway
in the summer.  Lake Placid is not a two hour trip to Clarkson or St. Lawrence;
it is the closest venue in which either team could play.  Lake Placid is MUCH
farther than Albany to Colgate and Cornell.  I'm not sure how you go from Co
Colgate, perha~raps you can head north on 12 from Utica, but that requires going
straight through the Adirondacks.  Otherwise it's two hours to Albany, then
three hours up the Northway.  Cornell is farther west, but the trip is basically
the same as Colgate's.  Vermont is closer than Albany, except you have to take
the ferry across Lake Champlain, which arrives north of Plattsburgh.  Probably
in the winter there isn't much difference time-wise than driving down 22A to
Albany.  As for the New England teams, the only team where you would even have
to do a comparison time-wise is Dartmouth, but I suspect there route to Lake
Placid would be the same as Vermont's.

So it is an undeniable fact: Albany is much closer to all ECAC schools than Lake
Placid, except the North Country teams, and maybe Vermont.  And if the to
tournament ever encounters our not infrequent March snowstorms, Washington DC
would be faster time-wise than Lake Placid.
Brian Morris              RPI Engineers-1995 ECAC Champions
[log in to unmask] Tenth Anniversary of the '85 Championship