From:
"Robert L. Dunn" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert L. Dunn
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 1995 16:52:19 -0500
On Mon, 6 Mar 1995, Geoff Howell wrote:

> 1) African-Americans in the NHL
>
> The two players cited in the same article who were hoping to be the first
> were former Wisconsin defenseman Chris Nelson (Philadelphia, grew up
> in Hanover, N.H.) and Miami-Ohio junior goalie Eustace King (Chicago).
> Nelson peaked in the AHL, and King doesn't look like an NHL prospect.

First, thanks Geoff for the summary and insight.  Second, I thought
Nelson was from Los Angeles.

|  Robb Dunn                                       [log in to unmask]  |
|  Cal '93, Michigan '94, Michigan '9?                   GO BEARS!  |
|  Project Administrator                                            |
|  The University of Michigan Sport Facilities Research Laboratory  |