From:
Norton Giles Henry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Norton Giles Henry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 1995 16:54:49 -0700
On Mon, 20 Feb 1995, Leigh M Torbin wrote:

>         Reading the post about WCHA Rookies has started me thinking about
> the Hockey East All-Rookie Team, and I have one question. Is Jeff Tory
> eligible for that? He did play in three games for Maine last year, but
> because those games were eventually forfeited and scratched from the
> record, do they exist in the eyes of Mr. Tory's H.E. Rookie status? If
> eligible, he's by leaps and bounds the league's best rookie defensemen,
> but then again he is a Junior and brings lots of experience (albeit in
> different leagues) to e pretty young Black Bear team. He even gets to
> wear an "A," and is Hockey East's leading defenseive scorer by about 10
> points at last check. But, as was the question last year, is he eligible?
>
> Leigh

Surely the fact that Jeff sat out an entire season means that he has no
more experience than those a year further back on the chronological scale?

He's a rookie, and a damn good one too.

He did sit out,though, and Woody Carville should (IMHO) have been fired the
day
the whole screw up was discovered.  The fact that it was Walsh who paid
the major penalty seemed to be in direct contravention of the notion that
"you don't keep a dog, and bark yourself."  Woody was the dog--and a
pretty inept one at that.

Give a Tory a break and put the whole matter to sleep.

Just my 2c...

G.