From:
JASON BEAUGRAND <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 12 Feb 1995 13:11:51 EST
>         Well to all the Hockey-L's that were at the MTU-UM series last
> weekend you really got a true taste of what our band lives off of.  A lot
> of the cheers/jeers we do are just based on obscure facts or tidbits of
> info that we can dig up about the other team.  Such was the case with the
> O Canada idea, since we knew that the team was entirely based on players
> from MN.
>         Another good example of this is from a few years back 92 or 93
> maybe when the CC coach was suspended for recruiting violations.  Well
> news like that spreads like wild fire in the band.  Sure enough, Friday
> night the first time the band plays "No Beer" there is a new verse tacked
> on the end which went something like the following...
>         Colorado has no coach,
>         We like the new approach.
>         We'll squash you like a roach,
>         Where the hell is your fat, old, lazy coach!?
> Hey I never said any of us were great poets, but if it get one guy on the
> team to start thinking about us instead of the game...well then chalk one
> up for us.
>         By the way, although we do have plenty of cheers/jeers ready for
> the up coming Northern Mich series, we are always looking for new
> stuff.  So keep those card and letters coming.  And if you want to check
> out the band this weekend we be AT NMU, we'll be the ones in the
> "PEP BANNED" T-shirts on friday night.  I only wish we could bring our
> equipment and show you how a band really sounds, but you'll just have to
> try to squeeze into the MTU rink for Sat night.  And if by some freak act
> of nature Tech would happen to take a loss in either game, we won't hold
> a grudge because...
>         "That's alright, that's ok, you'll be working for us someday"
>
>                 -Ryan

> >         *****Stuff you should know for Thursday's quiz*****            <
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- <
> >     Ryan B. Johnson     |  Huskies Pep Band  |   Pioneer Drum Corps    <
> > 438EWH 1701 Townsend Dr | Snare 92-93, 94-95 | Multi-Tenors 93-94-(95) <
> > Houghton, MI 49931-1196 | Multi-Tenors 93-94 | 91 Div III World Champs <
> >    [log in to unmask]     | Caption Head 93-95 | 94 Div  II World Champs <
> >   Michigan Tech Univ    |  Let's go Tech!!!  |  ...Better Everyday!!!  <
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- <

Well, you could always try my favorite, one that seems to appear
at most of our games. "You Suck"

    -Note: this actually is a cheer that our fans yell as loud as
they can after we score, but our principle hates it (I wonder
why!)

|:=From The Brain Of: Varsity Hockey Vet|=|=|UCC is=:|
|:=and native of Toronto-Jason Beaugrand|=|=|a High=:|
|:=I-net address: [log in to unmask]:|