Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 1995 16:20:06 EST
whiskers on kittens. Bright copper kettles and warm wollen mittens....

Re: The Beanpot pairings

I alway though the first-round Beanpot pairings were the teams that did not
play againast each other last year. In other word, since BU played NU in the
first-round, and will play BC in the finals, they will play Harvard in next
year's first-round. The most attractive pairing (whatever than means) is
scheduled for the second game.

Re: The Beanpot

We aging alumni and alumnae look back fondly at the Beanpot. I've been to
four of 'em - including the fabled '78 - three ECAC tournaments, and one
NCAA. If I'm ever given the choice, I'd take the Beanpot.

Re: Goalies

   Reading about UMass-Lowel's goalie woes got me to thinking. You know how
in steroid-ball certain schools have a reputation for producing high-quality
players at specific positions. For example, Penn State is Linebacker U,
Brigham Young is Quarterback U, Miami-Florida is Quarterbacks-who-have-
misserable-post-Heisman-careers U. Well, does college hockey have similar
schools? Is there a Goalie U, Defenseman U, Left-wing U. Do some schools
excel at certain positions?

Re: Loud Areans

How do the campus arenas compare with pro arenas? The old Chicago Stadium was
perhaps the loudest (though no one plays college hockey there), and I've
heard Madison Square and the Boston Gardens rock.

Ken Kretsch             | "Coach, my Mom wants me to live for my Bar Mitzvah"
BU '79                  | "Goldberg, this is your Bar Mitzvah. Today you
[log in to unmask]        |  become a man!"