From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 1995 23:53:14 EST
I spoke with BU SID Ed Carpenter today.  Since Ed is without his top
two shot chart people, I will be doing the chart at BU Friday night
when Merrimack plays the Terriers.  One hand washes the other.

Ed says that BU D Rich Brennan was injured in the second period of the
Providence game and will be out for three weeks.  I did not see the
play on which he was hurt.

As far as I know, Merrimack will have available goaltender Martin
Legault, as well as D Eric Weichselbaumer who missed the UNH game with
a sore wrist.

Oh yes, for all the bad raps WEEI radio has taken on HOCKEY-L lately
(and I tend to agree with the posters), I caught part of Ted Sarandis'
show this evening (Thur) while driving home and Ted concentrated on
college hockey from 6 to 8 pm.  He had Bob Norton of NESN in studio.
Phone-in guests included Northeastern coach Ben Smith, Director of ECAC
Hockey Joe Bertagna, and UMass-Lowell captain Jeff Daw.  A big thumbs
up to Ted for giving college hockey such a large chunk of air time,
and it wasn't even during the Beanpot which is usually the only time
you'll hear a lot of college hockey talk on WEEI.  I hope it will
continue in the future.