From:
Lee Hubbard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 1995 10:06:39 -0500
For those of you interested in club hockey here are the national
ACHA rankings as of January 4, 1995 and the CSCHL standings as of January 5,
1995:

1. Penn State 10-1-1
2. Ohio University 11-2-1
3. Iowa State 14-4-0
4. Illinois 14-1-1
5. North Dakota State 5-2-0
6. Arizona 13-0-0
7. Michigan-Dearborn 13-7-1
8. Eastern Michigan 10-8-2

This was all that was listed in the poll. No 9th or 10th was
listed.

Central States Collegiate Hockey League Standings as of 1-5-95:

Eastern Division
================
                              W   L   T   Pts
Illinois                     11  3   1    24
Michigan-Dearborn     6  5   1    19
Ohio U.                     5  2   1    19
Eastern Michigan       5  5   2    17
Kent State                1  6   1     6

Western Division
================

Iowa State                7  3   0    17
Wisc. - WW              6  5   0    12
Minnesota                 3  8   0     8
Marquette                 0  7   0     0

I attended the Ohio University/Ohio State game last night (1-6-
95) at Athens and watched OU destroy Ohio State 9-1 at Bird
Arena.

OU took an early 2-0 lead in the first period. It was 4-1 at the
end of 2 periods. OU then erupted for 5 goals in the 3rd period
to ice the win.

OU really dominated this game from start to finish. They kept
extreme pressure on the OSU defense from the beginning. Only
outstanding play from OSU goalie Chuck Meyer in the first two
periods kept the score from being astronomically higher. But
Chuck must have wore down in the third period. He was finally
replaced. Too little too late.

OSU's only goal was on a power play in the second period. I don't
have any stats but it seemed to me that OSU may have had less
than 10 shots on goal for the whole game. They were on the
defensive even when they were on power plays. I must say that
Ohio University sure seems mighty awesome in the few times I have
seen them play.

Lee Hubbard