From:
Ross Bracco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 1994 11:50:58 PST
Tom Morrison says
>I have developed the perception that RPI hockey and it's
>supporters are a bunch of elitist chumps.

Hang on here ... you have never met me ... you have no idea WHAT kind of
a chump I am.  :-)

>I have come to
>this conclusion from reading the local (Albany) press
>accounts of RPI's last two games with Army and last years
>Xmas tournament.

ohmygosh.  The Troy/Albany papers are/were(?) filled with such melodramatic
drivel that *I* almost started rooting for other teams.  :-)  After a late
season
loss a few years ago, one article lamented "If only RPI had won, the fans would
have been sitting around in the local bars, comparing Joe Juneau to Adam Oates,
comparing Neil Little to Daren Puppa, comparing this team (about 14-8) to the
1984/5 championship team.  Alas, it was the worst of times, so instead they
cried
in their beer and peed on the libraries."  Yeah, it's inane and moronic.  But
we're
not all elitist chumps.  If this is how Tom made the elitist chump conclusion,
then I
hereby conclude that every Minnesota Hockey player, fan, and hell, the whole
population of the state, are xenophobic gits.  :-)  Look at that yahoo
sportswriter!!  :-)

Losing to teams that finish lower than you in the standings is no big deal ...
if it
WAS a big deal, you wouldn't be ahead of them in the standings!  Like the TV
commercial says, "do the math!"  Last year's RPI team finished second to
Harvard, with a record like 12-6-4.  Well, they split with the Crimson, so that
means that (SURPRISE!) the Engineers lost five and tied four games with teams
that finished lower than second place!  Nobody can expect the first place team
to go 22-0, second place 20-2, third place 18-4, etc., it's not going to
happen.
RPI is going to lose ECAC games (knock on wood  :-)  ), and if it happens to be
Princeton that knows just how to give the Engineers fits, then that's how it
is.
It was only a few years ago that RPI was a 10th place team that gave Harvard
and Clarkson fits.  What's the big deal?  Shouldn't be one.  If the idiot
writers in
Troy think there is, then that's just silly of them.

Ross
RPI `91
Cage dem Tigers!