From:
Matt Hills <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 5 Dec 1994 09:50:00 EST
Julian Chu wrote that he thinks the "Good Times" virus is all a joke
because it is not possible to erase a hard drive with an email trans-
mitted virus. I wish that he was correct. I do not have information
about this particular "Good Times" rumor, but I assure you that it is
possible to write a virus that will delete/destroy/modify files on a
computer's hard drive that can be transmitted through email. There
was such a virus going around here at Clemson not long ago that did
some serious damage to some computers around here. So, sorry for
taking up space on the list, but WATCH OUT! Just to be safe, I don't
know if this virus is really a joke, but it is very possible. Be
careful and do not read any mail with the subject "Good Times". Your
computer may thank you for it.
Matt "backup of my hard drive? What backup of my hard drive? You mean
I should do that? AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!" Hills
Clemson University
GO BUCKS!!
GO HABS!!