From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N. Baer
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 1994 06:24:34 -0500
Thanks to Kurt for the information about RPI's 1954 NC$$ championship
team.  Let me say that the article that I copied was from 1973 and
already contained 19 years of exaggeration.  One more thing, for those
who still remember what I originally wrote -- BC lost to Minn in the
first round, not to Michigan as the article stated.

Kurt posted the following list of players on the RPI team.

Lloyd Bauer
Bruce Baum
Frank Chiarelli (C)
Bobby Fox
Marty Karch
Erik Larson
John Magadini
Abbie Moore
Ambrose  Mo  Mosco
Bill Mouzavires
Fran Paradise
Gordie Peterkin
Jim Pope
Jim Shildneck (C)
Jerry Weinzler
Harry Williams

A team picture that I found in another program (actually a collage of
individual pictures) does not include Weinzler.  Also, I did not
realize that Larson actually did get into one game.  This is how I came
to the conclusion that there were 14 players.  Thanks to Kurt for the
details, namely that 12 played in the finals.  The fact that Minnesota
only played 14 players is also quite interesting and makes me wonder
how many players were allowed to suit up at the time.  I know that when
I was a freshman in 64-65, the limit was 15 plus goalies and over the
years it has gone to 18 plus goalies.

Ralph Baer
RPI  '68, '70, '74