From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 1994 23:40:10 EST
The following also appeared in the Eagle-Tribune today (11/8/94):

"Casey Kesselring was named the Hockey East Player of the Week.

"Kesselring earned the honor by netting the game-winning goal in the
Warriors' 4-3 win on Saturday vs Providence, and by scoring one goal
and two assists in a 6-6 shootout win on Friday over the Friars."

(end)

I was a little surprised to hear this, since I figured he was up for
Rookie of the Week but that PotW would go to Bullock.  But this was
what the paper printed, and I haven't seen the HE release yet (should
arrive Wednesday) to doublecheck it.

A freshman, Kesselring centers the first line and top power play unit
for Merrimack and is averaging a point a game thus far with 3-3--6 in
6 games.

This is only the third time in the last three years that a Merrimack
forward has received this honor.  Merrimack is in its sixth year in
HE, and this is the first time that a freshman has been named PotW.