From:
"G. M. Finniss" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 1994 10:30:58 -0400
Unfortunately, I just post 'em, I don't vote in 'em.

I checked against the preseason poll, and they're not the same.

The changes:
Lake Superior- fell from 3rd to 8th (tie)
Michigan- fell from 4th to 5th
Colorado College- rose from 5th to 4th
Minnesota- rose from 6th to 3rd
Harvard- rose from 7th to 6th
Clarkson- rose from 8th to 7th
New Hampshire- fell from 9th to 11th
Maine- fell from 10th to 12th
St. Cloud- fell from 11th to 14th
Northeastern- rose from 12th to 8th (tie)
Mass Lowell- fell from 13th to 16th
Northern Michigan- fell from 14th to 17th

BU and MSU didn't move and Vermont, Bowling Green, Wisconsin, and Western
Michigan (according to Bill Fenwick's recap of it in the last Hockey-L poll)
didn't get preseason votes (or they were ranked lower than 14th).

This in no way defends the WMEB poll.  I believe it was probably taken either
Saturday or Sunday.  They didn't list team records, but since LSSU fell so far,
I would assume that they're taking into account the Lakers' 0-1-1 record.

G. M. Finniss
Michigan State University 2-0-0, 3-0-0
WVU '87, UTenn '92, MSU who the hell knows when?
Leader (at least three weeks running) in the rec.sport.football.college SWC
Contest!  (I nailed the TCU-Houston score)