From:
"Carl H. Ford" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 1994 14:57:12 GMT
Heather Anderson writes:

>       The only thing I've ever seen thrown on the ice here is a puck,
>after leaving the ice...oh, and a random stuffed animal mascot of the
>team we've beat from the student section...

Regarding the stuffed animalsa from the student section, what we do is hang
them from a noose.  During the '92-93 season, four of us from that section
bought mascots of Boston College and Maine.  We made a noose from rope and
a long wooden pole from which to hang it.  At the beginning, end, intermissions,
and whenever BU would score a goal, we'd hold the pole over the ice and let
the mascot swing from the noose for a while.  We would take this to games at
BC and Maine as well as to the Beanpot and HE tournament games as appropriate.

The noose seemed to have an effect.  BU fans loved it and opposing fans
HATED it.  Only one or two of us are left at BU now and they intend to use
the noose as long as they attend games, which could be a while.  I think I
speak for all of us when I say we wouldn't mind if our idea was used
elsewhere.  Just don't use a BU terrier, please! ;)

--Carl Ford
  BU '93