From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 1994 03:36:57 -0400
Here it is, the middle of the night and I should be asleep :-)
.  I have been going to college hockey games in the east for a
mere nine years, but in that time I have been to every Division
I arena in the east except for Union, UMass(-Amherst.
UMass-Lowell is commonly refered to as Lowell.  Mike, what do
you call UML?), which I will be going to twice this year, and
Clarkson's new arena (I have been to Walker Arena, BU
3-Clarkson 2 [and only loss at home] :-) , during its last
year).  During my travels I have only heard the Northeastern
band play the Bud Song with any regularity.  I do not rememebr
the Maine band playing it before 1993, and I do not remember
any other band playing it regulary.

This does not mean other bands, including the BU band, don't
play it, just they do not *overuse* it.  Certainly during the
1990 Championship in Detroit I got sick of the song.  The
Wisconsin band played it every few minutes for the entire game!
 I guess they don't know how to play any other music :-) .

Sean Pickett     -     Go BU Terriers
1971, 1972, 1978 NCAA Champions
1986, 1991, 1994 Hockey East Champions
1972, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977 ECAC Champions
1958, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1970, 1971,
1972, 1973, 1975, 1978, 1979, 1982,
1986, 1987, 1990, 1991, 1992 Beanpot Champions
and
1992 Badger Hockey Showdown Champions ;-)