From:
Dave Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 26 Sep 1994 19:49:13 EST
>Beginner Hockey for Adults!

>Learn with other adult beginners in HNA Beginner Hockey School, which has
>taught over 10,000 adults how to play hockey.  After graduation, you and your
>new teammates play in city-wide Beginner Level competition and playoffs.
>    Once you have some experience, the League offers Intermediate and
>Advanced Levels with Local, Regional, and National Playoffs.  The League
>skates in over 40 cities in North America and Europe, with full-slapshot, no-
>check hockey for players 21 and over.

>For Printed Information Call:

>1-800-4-HOCKEY

I actually just signed up for this league last week with a couple of friends.
We're playing in the DC league.  It certainly seems like a well organized
league.  Apparently, they've been around for 15 years.  When I called to
register, the guy on the phone was very helpful and answered all of my
questions.  Their booklet on the league (free for the asking) is very thorough
and should answer most questions.  It certainly ain't cheap, though.  But, after
some investigation, it's pretty much on par with the rest of the leagues in the
area.  Ice time runs about $400 plus any equipment costs including a helmet with
face shield.  You also have to buy their uniform.  You get 8 lessons (1 per
week) and then like 8-10 games.  They take you through all the fundamentals from
skating techniques to puck hadling to line changes.  If you want to sign up, do
it quickly.  The registration period goes through the end of October or so, and
I'm sure it's starting to fill up.

Since there may be no NHL to watch, I'll just have to settle for hockey-l and
playing hockey myself.  I can't wait!!!!!

Dave / RPI '91
LET'S GO RED!!