From:
Kurt Stutt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kurt Stutt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 1994 22:51:03 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>,
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>O.K., the following 6 schools (+ Army) are the non-Ivies in
>theECAC;
>
>Vermont - does
>RPI        - does
>Clarkson - does
>Union      - ?
>Colgate - does not
>St Lawrence - does not
>Army (replaced by Union) - does not
>
>Does Union give out scholarships or not?  Am I correct on the
>other 5 schools (excluding Army)?
>
>Sean Pickett     -     Go BU Terriers, 1994 Hockey East
>Champions!

No, Union does not give out scholarships.  Their aid is entirely
need based, according to what Union coach Bruce Delventhal told
me when I interviewed him during the RPI-Clarkson semifinal last
May.  Also, they have to play by a lot of Division III rules since
they became Division I in hockey only after 1982.  That includes
no scholarships.

Kurt Stutt