From:
Spraguer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 1994 15:56:27 -0400
Technically, every Cadet at West Point is on a full scholarship, so I
guess you'd have to say they DO award athletic scholarships.  Although it
is first and foremost a military academy, albeit substandard compared to
my beloved Annapolis (sorry, Paul Armstrong), athletes are recruited for
all of the service academies, and once they are in, they, like everyone
else, attend at no cost (except, of course, for the service commitment
after graduation.)  I know a bunch of people who came here essentially to
compete in their sport at the varsity level in college.

|MIDN Brian Sprague, USN|
|  USNA Class of 1997   |
|         and           |
| Navy "B" Club Hockey  |

P.S.  Sean, may the Black Bears DESTROY the Terriers in 94-95!  Not
likely, though, by the look of it.