From:
"Dr. Stephen Roth @ Student Services" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dr. Stephen Roth @ Student Services
Date:
Thu, 22 Sep 1994 14:20:43 -0400
Peter Knapp asked:

>She mentioned that as campus tour guides, they are not
>allowed to even breathe the words "athletic scholarships."  In fact, her
>contention is that Dartmouth does not give scholarships based on athletics.
>Now, I know Dartmouth is a major D1 hockey school, so they obviously give
>out scholarships, right?  Thanks in advance for any help in settling this
>little argument.

None of the Ivy League schools give athletic grants -- for any sport.
However, they all have generous amounts of financial aid to give, and parts
of it happen to go to hockey players, etc.

I'll let someone else venture the opinion about how "athletics blind"
Dartmouth's scholarships actually are.

Dr. Stephen E. Roth                        BITNET:            ROTH@CANISIUS
Dean of Student Services                 INTERNET:  [log in to unmask]
Canisius College                            PHONE:           (716) 888-2522
Buffalo, New York 14208                       FAX:           (716) 888-2525