From:
Eric Maiwald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 1994 11:36:00 EDT
From Ralph N.  Baer:

    I guess that all of this is conditional on Buddy Powers not being able
    to to take these players along with him to BG if and when he goes
    there.  [Of course, all of BG's scholarships are probably already
    filled, and we all know that Jerry York won't be able to take anyone
    along with him to BC :-) :-) :-) ] -----------

Ok, my stupid question for the day:

Can a coach really do this?  I thought that a player signed a letter of
intent with the school not with the coaching staff.  If the school lives
up to its end of the bargin by providing a scholarship (let's leave BC
out of the discussion for the moment), how can the SA just head for
another school?

I can understand how an SA would be disappointed if the coach suddenly
leaves but I don't see how that violates the agreement.

Eric

Eric Maiwald maiwald at dockmaster.ncsc.mil Citicorp Go, Go, Go, You,
Red, Red, Red!!!  Reston, VA RPI '87