From:
Kevin Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 1994 09:38:22 EDT
I am off the list and this is a late score *and* it's from England. But
Oxford-Cambridge's Varsity hockey match is older than most rivalries
in the States or Canada, at least 100 years old, and I don't think Wayne
explicitly prohibits news of university hockey overseas. It would be
interesting to get list of players from both sides--you'd see a lot of
North Americans. I played on the losing Cambridge side twice in the sixties.
The Rhodes Scholars at Oxford always seem to have the upper hand.

Kevin   [log in to unmask]

On Tue, 12 Apr 1994, Kevin Lewis wrote:

> A little late to be querying you, but I have not yet heard the results of
> any of the Varsity Matches, A, B, Women's, however many there were.
>
> Could you drop me a line just to give me a score or two, no matter how
> bad it got for Cambridge?
>
> Thanks, Kevin

Cannot remember the exact details, but in the A team match:

Oxford University 19 - 2 Cambridge University
1st period:        8   0
2nd period:        2   2
3rd period:        9   0

(I think!)

It was obvious that Oxford deliberately went easy on Cambridge during the
2nd period so that it didn't look like a complete walkover.....(I
confirmed that with some of the players, but you cannot prove it!)

Womens:

Oxford University 7 - 2 Cambridge University

'B' team match yet to be played - I will let you know once I've played in it!

Richard Parkin
Oxford University