Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 1994 09:48:44 EDT
In about 5 hours my move will be complete, and I will lose net access,
so this will be my post to the hockey-l.  I leave you with some predictions
of events in the coming year.  Some serious, some in jest, some completely
off the wall.  Enjoy.

Shawn Walsh will step down as UMaine hockey coach.
He will sign on as the assistant coach to Emilio Estevez in Mighty Ducks 3.
Also appearing in "D3": '93 Hobey winner Paul Kariya and '94 Olympian
John Lilley.

Jack Parker and the BU adminstration will come to blows over yet another
Phinal Phour debacle.  At the same time, the Bruins will suffer yet another
sweep in the first round of the NHL playoffs to a lesser opponent, causing
a rift between Suter and Harry Sinden.  As a result, BU and the Bruins will
work out the first-ever "coaching trade" in history, adding yet another
spark to the BU-BC rivalry.

Colorado College, in an attempt to avoid being left out of the NC$$'s
because of a weak schedule, ask the Michigan Wolverines to play them 10
times per season.

The University of Maine hockey team will be placed on probation when
allegations of drinking and gambling on the team bus are found to be true.

Merrimack will finally make it to the HE semi-finals.

The Bowdoin Polar Bears will win the NC$$ Div. III championship (hey, I
said some of these were off the wall, but I can dream).

Members of the Maine State Legislature who are currently clamoring for
UM President Fred Hutchinson's resignation will come to realize that
Hutchinson has been the only calm hand on deck during this stormy year,
and will name him Maine's Man of the Year.

CC will win the WCHA regular season and tournament championships, and
promptly tell the NC$$ computer to stuff it.

Mike Milbury will be runner-up for HE Coach of the Year to winner Ron
Anderson of MC.

Merrimack will be snubbed from the NC$$ playoffs, causing Mike Machnik
to go to NC$$ HQ and hold a sit-in, bringing the national spotlight to
college hockey.  :->

Hockey East will officially change their by-laws to read that any team
or school that does something "we don't like" can be banned from tournament
competition.

Providence College, feeling left out of all the coaching changes, pleads
with Harry Sinden to come coach at PC.  Instead, they settle for Emilio
Estevez.

Hockey-l will get to be so large, that even Wayne won't be able to keep
track of everyone.  :->

Thats all.  Thanks for 2+ years of fun and info.

John Forsyth