From:
Ed Priest <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ed Priest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 1994 10:03:50 -0700
Some random comments & observations(Frigid Four):
Lake Superior:
1. What really impressed me was their discipline - starting about
midway through the 2nd period BU was playing pretty chippy - an
awfull lot of uncalled charging penalties and stick tripping - but
LSSU NEVER retaliated. Wisconsin's senior class would have
retaliated with slashes and gotten BU back into the game. After the
game the announcer stated how tough it is to get the players to play
LSSU's form of hockey and you have to give credit to the coach
and the players.
2. That face-off play is amazing. Everytime the Boston player
would end up tripped and on the ice - with the LSSU blueliner
getting an open shot. Do they ever get called for interference
 or tripping? Did they get away with this all year?
3. Who's going to bet against them next year?
Officials
1. I thought they did an outstanding job all tournament. They
never affected the outcome of any game. I was really
impressed when they weren't afaid to call penalties during the
third period of the LSSU/Harvard game.
Announcers
1. I was wondering why there was such a difference of opinion on
Bob Norton (I hope I got his name right); now I know. He does
give some very interesting insights and does know his stuff but at
times I found myself yelling shut-up and wishing I was back at
a Sports bar with the sound shut off. He gets on these talking
binges and just keep going - hockey is exciting enought without the
constant chatter.  He reminds me of Howard
Cosell without the ego - and I still don't know if that is good or
bad.
Hockey-L
Great - with it I get more good information here in California then
I did in Northern Wisconsin.

Wisconsin - back next year with a lot less talent, a lot less ego's and
hopefully a lot more discipline.

Thanks for all the great opinions and information
Ed Priest