From:
"A.J. Scheetz" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
A.J. Scheetz
Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 1994 12:46:30 -0400
Being a Lake State alum., of course I'm tickled pink with the result of the
game. Being a college hockey fan, of course I know BU is a MUCH better team
than that. Being interested in coaching hockey I have to wonder what
happened. I can't say if BU played a poor game (I'm sure they did), but I
can say that the Lakers had an excellent game plan. My guess is that these
two factors contributed to Lake State's win.

1. I think that the Lakers had scouted BU very well and the book on
Herlofsky (sp?) was to go high glove side. Both of the first two goals went
in high on the glove side.

2. I think that there was something in the way BU defensed power-plays that
the Lakers took advantage of (sliding defenders?). The Laker power-play was
much better than their stats for the year show. Even when they didn't score
they had excellent chances and BU wasn't able to change their defense to
counter this.

Finally, I have to look forward to next season. I think that the Lakers are
only loosing 5 players. My guess is that they'll be rated #1 in the first
pre-season poll. I can't remember but didn't some pre-season polls have the
Lakers as #1 at the beginning of this season?
Have a great summer!
AJ
P.S. Sorry for the gloating

A.J. Scheetz                Great Employee Evaluations: Given any new policy
Yale University             he will be able to construct a set of
Department of Biology       circumstances, no matter how unlikely, in
New Haven, CT 06511         which the new policy will not work.
203-432-3493
Say ya to da UP eh?