From:
Steve Weisfeldt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 1994 14:16:27 EST
>From: [log in to unmask]
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: East vs. West

>You mean "inter-regional" instead of "intra."  Intra-regional games would
>mean games within one region, as opposed to inter-regional, which would
be >games between teams from different regions.

>G. M. Finniss
>Michigan State University

>P. S.  I like the idea.  The only problem is that conferences like the
WCHA
>       and CCHA have at least 30 conference games, which doesn't leave a
lot
>       of room for non-conference games.  In addition, the distances
involved
>       would mean higher expenses for the schools.

G.M. -

 Sorry for the "typo".  I was trying to rattle off the letter as fast as I
could, plus I'm an engineer!! (We don't talk good!)

The higher expenses is a definite concern but maybe as we grow we can
convince athletic departments to spend more $$$ on hockey.  As far as the
number of games, can't all the conferences decrease the number of
conference games?  As I said in a previous post, I really liked the WCHA
and Hockey East interlocking schedule years ago.  (Each team played each
team from the other conference and all games counted toward league
standing in both leagues).  Besides, I may be way off base, but doesn't
playing the same teams over and over again get un-exciting after awhile
(re:NHL)?  Is it that the CCHA and WCHA have too many teams?

   - Steve

Steve Weisfeldt                                   Go Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
University of Lowell (now UMASS-Lowell)  1986, 1988
[log in to unmask]                          Roloson for Hobey!!!!!!