From:
Steve Weisfeldt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 1994 14:03:03 EST
>Sender:       College Hockey discussion list <[log in to unmask]>
>From:         Brian Gentry <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Boston college hockey coverage

>Hello all,

>        For those of you in the Boston area, Channel 5 aired an excellent
>report on Boston's two Final Four college hockey teams on their 6PM
>newscast.  They might air it again at 11.  Anyway, it might be good to
thank >the
>them for their report and to encourage them to air more such reports in
the
>future.

>Their internet address is [log in to unmask]

Brian Gentry  BU '95
Go BU!!

Brian -

  I'll be sure and encourage them, but only if you agree when you send
them YOUR encouragement to suggest that they air more reports about
COLLEGE HOCKEY, not just the 4 Boston schools.  People who aren't familiar
with our sport don't know that there's any college hockey around Boston
except for the damn Beanpot!!  While it's great they give coverage to BU,
BC, Harvard and (occasionally) Northeastern, they should know that they're
a New England station, not a Boston station.  Cover more games and more
teams.  Channel 4 (anyone know their EMAIL address?) seems to give the
best college hockey coverage [Scott Wahle did a nice piece on Lowell last
week], but still not enough.

  Same goes for the Boston papers.  If you take away their readership
OUTSIDE of Boston itself, they are nothing!  Cover all the teams and the
sport in general.  Brian, as a BU fan, you might feel this way, but as a
fan of the sport and of Lowell, it's infuriating!!

   - Steve

Steve Weisfeldt                                   Go Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
University of Lowell (now UMASS-Lowell)  1986, 1988
[log in to unmask]                          Roloson for Hobey!!!!!!