From:
"John H. Hughes" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John H. Hughes
Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 1994 16:13:26 -0800
> I was watching SportsChannel yesterday, and they covered the press
> conferences all around the country for the basketball tourney, and Knight
> was classic during his moments at the mike.  After listening to his
> monologue, I can see why only cable channels carry these press conferences
> live.  Near the end of his time with the press he got thirsty and looked
> around for something to drink, but there was nothing on any of the tables
> in front of him.  He asked the moderator if there was anything he could get,
> or if the NC$$ was too cheap to provide beverages.

I saw this same press conference on ESPN.  I believe he said: "With all the
money the NCAA sucked out of CBS, you'd think that I could get something to
drink up here."  I guess that shows who's ass gets kissed when it comes to the
big money sports, while we beg for coverage on Prime.

-John Hughes
Santa Clara, CA