From:
"John H. Hughes" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John H. Hughes
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 1994 10:40:50 -0800
Steve Kapetanakis writes:
> I also called PRIME in Houston.  They said they weren't willing
> to pay the rights fees to the NC$$ in order to televise and
> regional games.  I complained, but didn't get very far.
> Maybe if they get enough phone calls they might reconsider next
> year.  Their number is (713) 661-0078.

I called Prime this morning, also.  The answer they gave me was that the NCAA
owned the broadcast rights to the regional games and that I should call the
NCAA office to find out about coverage.  They offered to give me the number,
but said that the only places they knew were broadcasting it were in Boston
and Wisconsin.  There would appear to be 0% chances for any California
coverage, :-( though I agree with the sentiment that enough calls to Prime may
influence them for next year.

-John Hughes
Santa Clara, CA